SPECIAL OFFER –
MAY 4th & 5th, 8th to 12th, 15th to 19th
50% off full-day tours
and 33% off half-day tours
CALL TO CONFIRM AVAILABILITY –
dates filling fast.
Cambrian Safaris provide excursions into the Cambrian Mountains and Snowdonia in a Land Rover Discovery. Discover the Wild Tranquillity with us, the area we cover is beautifully diverse. Enjoy spectacular landscapes, views, scenery, local history and wildlife. We aim to show you places you will want to go back to again and again.
The tours are designed to be flexible, we customise every tour depending upon your interests and prior knowledge of the area. Come for a relaxing day out with no pressure of time and no rushing from place to place, we can pick you up from The Wynnstay if you wish.
Tours of the ‘Hinterland’ – Ceredigion’s uplands, including locations used in the BBC series ‘Y Gwyll’ (‘Hinterland’). Farms, forest, moorland, numerous small lakes and many old mines.
Tours of the ‘Picturesque’ historic estates of the Ystwyth and Rheidol Valleys, and surrounding area.
Tours of the Cambrian Mountains byroads and the Elan Valley reservoirs.
Some tours may include driving rough tracks where permission has been obtained. If you want a predominantly “off road” trip please ask.
Sample tours include:
- Discover the hills and valleys to the south of Machynlleth, an area largely unknown and undiscovered yet the landscape is full of surprises. Views, old country estates, farmland and forestry, lakes and reservoirs, an old mining industry largely forgotten. (Based on tours 1,2 and 5 on our website, Aberystwyth’s Hinterland, Picturesque and old mines). Half day or full day. Prices from (£150 / £240)
- A longer tour of the Cambrian Mountains, upland drovers roads, lunch in a farmhouse by special arrangement (2 days + warning needed, dependant on availability). In the afternoon; either Elan Valley Reservoirs or Dolaucothi Gold Mines or Remote Llyn Brianne reservoir. (Admission included). All day. From £250
- Other tours available on request – prices by arrangement
- a) Southern Snowdonia, a tour of the less well known southern part of the National Park including the option of a 1 way ride on the Tal-y-Llyn Railway, Castell y Bere and Mary Jone’s house in the beautiful Dysynni Valley, ‘Bomber lane’ (unsurfaced road) stunning high level views to Cadair Idris, up and down the coast and high above Barmouth, the Mawddach Estuary and Cregennan lakes. (From £250)
- b) Long tour of Central Snowdonia; Taking in the Gold Mining area of Dolgellau, Blaenau Ffestiniog with its slate quarries, beautiful Betws y Coed, and Beddgellert. There will be glimpses of the summit of Mount Snowdon (depending upon the weather) and the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland steam railways can be viewed. (From £280)
Prices are for 2 people or 2 + 1 child. Additional Adults £25 each. Additional Children £15 each.
To Book a tour – contact Richard Smith at CambrianSafaris.co.uk – 01974 261 425